Northeast Minnesota TZD
Northeast TZD includes the counties of Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, St. Louis, and Pine.
Overview and Strategic Plan
TZD Initiatives in this Region
- Biz Buzz for Nov. 21, 2016 (Duluth News Tribune, November 20, 2016)
- Mock fatal crash leaves impact on McGregor students (Aitkin Independent Age, April 27, 2016)
- Distracted Driving Enforcement Through a Trooper's Eyes (WDIO News, April 12, 2016)
- Distracted driving poses growing challenge (Duluth News Tribune, Nov. 13, 2014)
- Officers Share Local Story to Encourage Sober Driving (WDIO, Aug. 18, 2014)
- Hundreds of safety leaders attend Toward Zero Deaths workshop (KBJR News, May 30, 2014)
The seventh annual workshop will be held May 31, 2017, at the Northland Country Club in Duluth, MN.
Regional Seat Belt Data
In 2012, the seat belt compliance rate in Northeast Minnesota was 80.5 percent—a slight increase from the 2011 rate of 80.3 percent.
Fatal & Serious Injury Crash Map
These maps shows the locations of fatal and serious injury crashes in the entire Northeast region between 2011 and 2015 and in each county in 2014.