Northeast Minnesota TZD
Northeast TZD includes the counties of Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, St. Louis, and Pine.
Overview and Strategic Plan
TZD Initiatives in this Region
- DWI enforcement even tougher after ‘Little Alan’s Law’ (Mesabi Daily News, August 16, 2018)
- Minnesota’s Toward Zero Deaths initiative successful, striving for more (Duluth News Tribune, June 11, 2017)
- Workshop continues work 'Toward Zero Deaths' (FOX 21 News, May 31, 2017)
- MN organization trying to crack down on fatal crashes (KBJR 6 News, May 31, 2017)
- Pedestrian deaths across state reach 25-year high (Aitkin Independent Age, Jan. 26, 2017)
- TZD hosts on-air alcohol drinking experiment (Aitkin Independent Age, Dec. 17, 2016)
- Too much of a hurry or inattentiveness? (Aitkin Independent Age, Nov. 23, 2016)
- Biz Buzz for Nov. 21, 2016 (Duluth News Tribune, November 20, 2016)
- TZD Coalition holds car seat clinic (Aitkin Independent Age, Oct. 12, 2016)
- Mock fatal crash leaves impact on McGregor students (Aitkin Independent Age, April 27, 2016)
The ninth annual workshop will be held May 22, 2019, at Timberlake Lodge in Grand Rapids, MN.
Regional Seat Belt Data
In 2012, the seat belt compliance rate in Northeast Minnesota was 80.5 percent—a slight increase from the 2011 rate of 80.3 percent.
Fatal & Serious Injury Crash Map
These maps shows the locations of fatal and serious injury crashes in the entire Northeast region and in each county between 2013 and 2017.