Southeast Minnesota TZD
Southeast TZD includes the counties of Dodge, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, Mower, Olmsted, Rice, Steele, Wabasha, and Winona.
Overview and Strategic Plan
TZD Initiatives in this Region
- Local Law Enforcement Cracks Down on Seatbelt Use (KAAL-TV, May 14, 2013)
- Seat belt safety at Kasson-Mantorville High School (KTTC-TV, May 14, 2013)
- Click It or Ticket Campaign (KIMT-TV, May 13, 2013)
- Jeff Vlaminck selected as district engineer for MnDOT in southeastern Minnesota (MnDOT News Release, February 12, 2013)
- U of M Study Aims to Protect Teen Drivers (KAAL-TV, January 7, 2013)
U of M looking for teen drivers in Albert Lea (Albert Lea Tribune, Jan. 6, 2013)
- Year in review: Four fatal crashes on Rice County roads in 2012 (Faribault Daily News, Dec. 19, 2012)
- Safe rides for the holidays (Northfield News, Nov. 29, 2012)
- Talk of the Town: Painful lesson: Don't text and drive (PostBulletin, Oct 29, 2012)
- Special Report: Making the Roads Safer (KIMT-TV, July 23, 2012)
- Two Dangerous Intersections to Get Warning Systems (KAAL-TV, July 15, 2012)
- Police Enforcement During Busy Travel Week (KAAL-TV, June 29, 2012)
- VIDEO: Toward Zero Deaths Seat Belt Campaign Kick Off (Northfield Patch, May 15, 2012)
- Red Wing Seatbelt PSA (May 14, 2012)
The ninth annual Southeast MN TZD workshop was held May 16, 2013, in Rochester, MN.
Regional Seat Belt Data
In 2012, the seat belt compliance rate in Southeast Minnesota was 86.7 percent—up two percent from the 2011 rate of 84.7 percent.
Fatal & Serious Injury Crash Map
This map shows the locations of fatal and serious injury crashes in the Southeast region between 2008 and 2012.