West Central Minnesota TZD
The West Central Toward Zero Deaths program is new as of 2012. The counties that make up West Central TZD are Becker, Clay, Douglas, Grant, Mahnomen, Otter Tail, Pope, Stevens, Traverse, and Wilkin.
Overview and Strategic Plan
TZD Initiatives in this Region
- 'Every 15 Minutes': Moorhead High program aims to drive home cost of drunken driving (INFORUM, May 1, 2013)
- Otter Tail County is No. 1 in teen deaths due to traffic crashes (Perham Focus, April 19, 2013)
- North Dakota DOT shares the story of the Deutchers (WDAY News, February 27, 2013)
- One year after four NDSU students killed in crash, family and friends still trying to move on from tragedy (INFORUM, February 16, 2013)
- Safety on tap at Depot Express via the IntoxBox
(Echo Press, February 13, 2013)
The 2013 West Central MN TZD workshop was held May 21 in Detroit Lakes, MN.
Regional Seat Belt Data
In 2012, the seat belt compliance rate in West Central Minnesota was 77.3 percent. This is the first time seat belt use data has been collected in the region.
Fatal & Serious Injury Crash Map
This map shows the locations of fatal and serious injury crashes in the West Central region between 2008 and 2012.