East Central Minnesota TZD
The East Central Toward Zero Deaths program is new as of 2012. The counties that make up East Central TZD are Benton, Cass, Crow Wing, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Sherburne, Stearns, Todd, Wadena, and Wright.
Overview and Strategic Plan
Mock crash planned for BLHS students May 1
(Clearwater–West Sherburne Tribune, May 3, 2013)
- Seat belt patrols hit Kanabec this spring (Kanabec County Times, April 21, 2013)
- Attention all drivers: It’s time to ditch the distractions (Isanti County News, February 6, 2013
- Added DWI patrols in December (Brainerd Dispatch, December 4, 2012)
- New survey says 85 percent of regional drivers wear seat belts (KVSC News, October 31, 2012)
- Area motorists’ seat belt use at 85 percent (Star News, October 31, 2012)
The 2014 East Central MN TZD workshop was held June 3 in St. Cloud, MN.
TZD Initiatives in this Region
Regional Seat Belt Data
The East Central Minnesota seat belt compliance rate was observed at 84.7% in April 2014, making it a regional priority to increase seat belt usage.
Fatal & Serious Injury Crash Map
This map shows the locations of fatal and serious injury crashes in the East Central region between 2009 and 2013.