Minnesota Tribal Traffic Safety Summit
Wednesday, April 3, 2024
8:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
(registration begins at 7:30 a.m.)
777 Lady Luck Drive
Hinckley, MN 55037
About the Event
This one-day summit is designed to bring together traffic safety professionals, invested stakeholders, and community members to provide education and raise awareness of crash-related injuries and deaths affecting Minnesota's Tribal communities. The event also aims to identify strategies that will prevent serious and fatal injury crashes from occurring on Tribal lands and impacting Tribal communities.
- Solicit information and feedback related to traffic safety issues from Tribal Nation partners.
- Improve crash data sharing and discuss prevention strategies with Tribal community members.
- Share experiences and celebrate successful Tribal Nation traffic safety initiatives.
- Identify traffic safety resources available to Tribal Nation partners.
- Map out collaborative strategies to prevent fatal, serious, and life-altering crashes affecting Tribal community members.
- Identify strategies that will address the disproportionate fatality rate of Tribal Nation members on Minnesota’s roadways.
The event is free to attend, but registration is required.
Contact Rahya Geisler at Rahya.Geisler@state.mn.us.