2019 Metro Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths Workshop
May 21, 2019
The fifth annual workshop was held May 21, 2019, at Inwood Oaks in Oakdale, MN. The event helps facilitate the program's goal of creating a collaborative, comprehensive, and regional approach to reducing traffic deaths and severe injuries.
Why People Change: Proven Health Methods to Prevent Traffic-Related Trauma
- Julie Philbrook, RN, DNP, Trauma Prevention Specialist, Hennepin Healthcare (HCMC) and Metro TZD regional co-chair (PDF)
Setting the Direction for the Strategic Highway Safety Plan: Minnesota Needs YOU
- Brad Estochen and Eric DeVoe, MnDOT Office of Traffic Engineering; Karen Aldridge, Chelsea Palmateer and Allison Hawley, DPS Office of Traffic Safety; Richard Storm, HDR; Athey Creek Consultants (PDF)
TZD and Commercial Motor Vehicles: Bridging the Gap
- Capt. Jon Olsen, Minnesota State Patrol (PDF)
- Julie Whitcher, State Rail Safety Engineer, MnDOT Office of Freight and Commercial Vehicles (PDF)
- Lisa Kons, Traffic Safety Programs Manager, Minnesota Safety Council (PDF)
Pedestrian Safety 101—What is Minnesota Doing for People Walking?
- Chelsea Palmateer, Research Analyst, DPS Office of Traffic Safety; Sonja Piper, MnDOT Office of Traffic Engineering; Shannon Grabow, State Program Administrator, DPS Office of Traffic Safety, Michelle Pooler, MnDOT Office of Transit and Active Transportation (PDF)