2022 Northwest Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths Workshop
April 26, 2022
Ralph Engelstad Arena
Thief River Falls, MN
About the Workshop
This annual workshop helps facilitate Minnesota TZD's goal of creating a collaborative, comprehensive, and regional approach to reducing traffic deaths and severe injuries.
Welcome & Regional Roundup
- J.T. Anderson, District Engineer, MnDOT District 2, and Northwest Minnesota TZD Regional Co-chair; and Sue Johnson, Northwest Minnesota TZD Regional Coordinator (PDF)
Crash Data Presentation: I Wish We Were Still on the Plateau
TZD 2.0 Updates: Why Are We Talking About Traffic Safety Culture and Safe System?
- Kristine Hernandez, State Toward Zero Deaths Program Coordinator & TZD 2.0 Project Manager, MnDOT Office of Traffic Engineering (PDF)
Making Safe System a Reality: Planning to Implementation
- Derek Leuer, State Traffic Safety Engineer MnDOT Office of Traffic Engineering (PDF)
- "The Safe System" video
Five Tips to Grow Traffic Safety Culture
A video recording of this presentation is available upon request, courtesy of the Center for Health & Safety Culture at Montana State University. Please email Linda Dolan at email@example.com if you would like to receive a link to the video.
- Jay Otto, principal scientist, Center for Health and Safety Culture, Montana State University (PDF)
- Handout (PDF)
- Capt. Mike Wedin, Minnesota State Patrol, District 3200 and Northwest Minnesota TZD Regional Co-chair; and Lt. Brad Norland, Minnesota State Patrol, District 3200 (PDF)
- Encourage traffic safety as a priority for policymakers
- Provide a method to bring traffic safety programs into your community
- Spread successes of the Northwest Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths program
- Network with other traffic safety advocates
Who Should Attend
- Community law enforcement
- Emergency medical services
- Local policymakers
- Traffic safety advocates
Attendees are eligible for 5.25 PDHs and 5.0 POST credits.
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety
- Minnesota Department of Transportation District 2
- Northwest Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths Program
For questions about the workshop, please contact Sue Johnson, Northwest TZD Regional Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-766-5943.