2022 South Central Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths Workshop
April 21, 2022
Country Inn & Suites
About the Workshop
This annual workshop helps facilitate Minnesota TZD's goal of creating a collaborative, comprehensive, and regional approach to reducing traffic deaths and severe injuries.
Welcome & Regional Roundup
- Greg Ous, District Engineer, MnDOT District 7, and South Central Minnesota TZD Regional Co-chair; and Annette Larson, South Central Minnesota TZD Regional Coordinator (PDF)
Crash Data Presentation: I Wish We Were Still on the Plateau
TZD 2.0 Updates: Why Are We Talking About Traffic Safety Culture and Safe System?
- Kristine Hernandez, State Toward Zero Deaths Program Coordinator & TZD 2.0 Project Manager, MnDOT Office of Traffic Engineering (PDF)
Making Safe System a Reality: Planning to Implementation
Five Tips to Grow Traffic Safety Culture
A video recording of this presentation is available upon request, courtesy of the Center for Health & Safety Culture at Montana State University. Please email Linda Dolan at email@example.com if you would like to receive a link to the video.
- Katie Dively, M.S., MCHES, Research Scientist II - Senior Trainer, Center for Health and Safety Culture, Montana State University (PDF)
- Handout (PDF)
- Capt. Jean Cemensky, Minnesota State Patrol, District 2200 and South Central TZD Regional Co-chair (PDF)
- Encourage traffic safety as a priority for policymakers
- Provide a method to bring traffic safety programs into your community
- Spread successes of the South Central Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths program
- Network with other traffic safety advocates
Who Should Attend
- Community law enforcement
- Emergency medical services
- Local policymakers
- Traffic safety advocates
Attendees are eligible for 5.25 PDHs and 5.0 POST credits.
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety
- Minnesota Department of Transportation District 7
- South Central Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths Program
For questions about the workshop, please contact Annette Larson, South Central TZD Regional Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-720-2101.