2017 Southeast Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths Workshop
May 3, 2017
The 13th annual workshop was held May 3, 2017, at the International Event Center in Rochester. The event helps facilitate the program's goal of creating a collaborative, comprehensive, and regional approach to reducing traffic deaths and severe injuries.
Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths: It's More than Just a Slogan
Regional TZD Crash Facts: How Do These Crashes Affect Your Wallet?
Road Signs: Like Coffee and Sugar—If Two Scoops Make It Better, 50 Scoops May Not!
Alternative Transportation: What Can Be Done in Your Community?
- Dave Boxum and Jennifer Longaecker, Public Information officers, Dept. of Public Safety, Office of Communications (PDF)
New Approaches for Pedestrian and Bike Safety
- Encourage traffic safety as a priority for policymakers
- Provide a method to bring traffic safety programs into your community
- Spread successes of the Southeast Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths program
- Network with other traffic safety advocates
Who Should Attend
- Community law enforcement
- Emergency medical services
- Local policymakers
- Traffic safety advocates
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety
- Minnesota Department of Transportation District 6
- Southeast Minnesota TZD Program
For questions about the workshop, please contact Jessica Schleck, Southeast TZD Regional Coordinator, at Jessica.Schleck@state.mn.us or 507-286-7602.