2018 Southeast Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths Workshop
May 2, 2018
The 14th annual workshop was held May 2, 2018, at the International Event Center in Rochester, MN. The event helps facilitate the program's goal of creating a collaborative, comprehensive, and regional approach to reducing traffic deaths and severe injuries.
Welcome & Regional Highlights
- Jeff Vlaminck, District engineer, MnDOT District 6; Captain Mark Holm, State Patrol commander, District 2100; Jessica Schleck, Southeast Minnesota TZD regional coordinator; TZD Safe Roads county coalition coordinators (PDF)
15 Years of Minnesota TZD: Major Accomplishments and What the Future Holds
Hey, That Road Isn’t Dangerous—Why Are You Spending Money There?
Regional TZD Crash Facts: 15 Years of D6 Engineering Accomplishments
- Sgt. Troy Christianson, Minnesota State Patrol District 2100 (PDF)
- Mike Dougherty, director, MnDOT District 6 public engagement and communications (PDF)
- Sgt. Kelley McGraw, Minnesota State Patrol District 2100;and Kevin and Georgeanne Hansen, parents of Kaitlyn (PDF)
Automated Buses Are Not Coming to Minnesota…They Are Already Here!
- Jay Hietpas, director, MnDOT Connected and Automated Vehicles (PDF)
- Matt Paschal, IBM Electrical engineer (PDF)
I Want to Drive Fast, Except in Front of My House—Then Everyone Should Slow Down
Seat Belt Challenge
Kandiyohi County’s JOYRIDE Program
Dynamic Speed Limit Sign
- Encourage traffic safety as a priority for policymakers
- Provide a method to bring traffic safety programs into your community
- Spread successes of the Southeast Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths program
- Network with other traffic safety advocates
Who Should Attend
- Community law enforcement
- Emergency medical services
- Local policymakers
- Traffic safety advocates
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety
- Minnesota Department of Transportation District 6
- Southeast Minnesota TZD Program
For questions about the workshop, please contact Jessica Schleck, Southeast TZD Regional Coordinator, at Jessica.Schleck@state.mn.us or 507-286-7602.