2022 West Central Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths Workshop
April 19, 2022
About the Workshop
This annual workshop helps facilitate Minnesota TZD's goal of creating a collaborative, comprehensive, and regional approach to reducing traffic deaths and severe injuries.
Welcome & Regional Roundup
- Shiloh Wahl, District Engineer, MnDOT District 4, and West Central Minnesota TZD Regional Co-chair, and Katy Kressin, West Central Minnesota TZD Regional Coordinator (PDF)
Crash Data Presentation: I Wish We Were Still on the Plateau
TZD 2.0 Updates
- Kristine Hernandez, State Toward Zero Deaths Program Coordinator & TZD 2.0 Project Manager, MnDOT Office of Traffic Engineering (PDF)
Making Safe System a Reality: Planning to Implementation
Five Tips to Grow Traffic Safety Culture
A video recording of this presentation is available upon request, courtesy of the Center for Health & Safety Culture at Montana State University. Please email Linda Dolan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive a link to the video.
- Katie Dively, M.S., MCHES, Research Scientist II - Senior Trainer, Center for Health and Safety Culture, Montana State University (PDF)
- Handout (PDF)
- Capt. Brian Cheney, Minnesota State Patrol, District 2900, and West Central TZD Regional Co-chair (PDF)
- Encourage traffic safety as a priority for policymakers
- Provide a method to bring traffic safety programs into your community
- Spread successes of the West Central Toward Zero Deaths program
- Network with other traffic safety advocates
Who Should Attend
- Community law enforcement
- Emergency medical services
- Local policymakers
- Traffic safety advocates
Attendees are eligible for 5.25 PDHs and 5.0 POST credits.
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety
- Minnesota Department of Transportation District 4
- West Central Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths Program
For questions about the workshop, please contact Katy Kressin, West Central TZD Regional Coordinator, at 218-828-5830 or email@example.com.